Thursday, January 12, 2012

Zipper Week Day 5: Shirt to Cardigan



 I found this fantastic tutorial here at  make-it-and-love-it
I just thought these were so adorable! 
Here's what you need:
1 long sleeve shirt (I found mine at Wal-mart for $1 last year. I always check their Garanimal section at the end of the season. I found a ton of leggings for $1 too!)
Jacket Zipper
Accessories ( I used two flowers made out of ribbon, and two buttons from my stash. ) 
I could not find the tutorial for the ribbon flowers, it was removed from the website it was on. If anyone is interested in me making a tutorial for those just let me know. 
l
Ashley's tutorial was great! Remember to read all of the instructions! I didn't have a jacket zipper so I decided to do a faux cardigan and just unzip the shirt a little bit. I used a zig zag stitch under the zipper to keep it in place. I hand sewed the flowers and buttons to the shirt. 

 It turned out really cute! My little Princess just loves it! 
Thanks for joining me for Zipper Week! It was super fun!! 
I'm going to post some fun Valentines Day tutorials soon! 

1 comment: