Friday, December 16, 2011

Decorating Headbands



Can you believe all I spent on this project was just $1!

 My oldest daughter really likes headbands now, but the one she had fell apart quickly.
I decided I should try to make some cute ones that will hold up better, and cost less! 
The one she had before had ribbon wrapped around it, and it unravelled. 
These ones looked a little sturdier. I found them at Dollar Tree for $1.  Everything I used to decorate them I already had on hand. I realize not everyone has all of these supplies on hand, so I'll let you know where I found them. 
 First was the purple headband. I found these white rosette strips in the trimmings isle at Joann's Fabric. I believe they were around $3-$4 a yard. You won't need much at all, I used a 40% coupon when I bought my strip. All I did was put a strip of hot glue on the side of the band and placed the rosette on it. I decided not to fold over the excess netting, I think it's cute. 

 For the next headband I used pink flowers. I bought this bushel at Joann's a few months ago on clearance. All you do is pull the flowers off the stem, and then pull the plastic off the back. The flower usually comes apart in three pieces. Then you layer them on top of each other and glue them together. 

 Then glue the flowers to your headband. 
 I chose a blue button from my button stash to place in the middle. 
 With this aqua colored headband I glued a black bow on it. I had this bow sitting in my sewing box (it had fallen off a shirt I made my daughter a while ago). I never got around to reattaching it. I'm glad I didn't just throw it away now!

 There were two yellow headbands in the pack, so I decided to make my girls matching ones. I had two different types of flowers for these. The first was sunflowers, they looked too empty in the middle so I layered another yellow flower on top of them. 

 Now they look nice and full! Then I added cream colored buttons to the center. 
  I made these gold flowers a while back, I just added a little sparkle to the middle and glued them on. This one is perfect for Christmas! To make these flowers just cut satin in different sized circles, burn the edges (they will curl right up) and then glue the layers together. Whenever I make these I do a bunch at a time, that's why I had these left over. 

 There you go! An inexpensive way to make cute headbands! They are perfect for gifts too! My girls will be getting these for Christmas! 




17 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look fabulous and seem so easy to make!!! My favourite is the one with yellow flowers!!! I would love for you to share this at our ongoing themed linky that's just for Hair Accessories...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/01/threading-your-way-hair-accessories.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I just linked up and followed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up. I look forward to seeing more of your creativity...

      Delete
  4. If you are looking for the best SEO Company in Ghaziabad then PromoteDial can be the right choice for you. Just connect with us because you are just one step away from completing your business dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connect with steadfast service if you want to get Work Permit in Croatia. We can be the right choice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing.
    Web Design Company Santiago

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are looking a Tent service provider so than you should visit our website we are best service provider in tent service.
    Shades Tensile Structures

    ReplyDelete
  8. We tell you about our website design company which is the best in the field of website design. Are you looking for a good and honest web design company, if yes then contact us,
    Website design company Erbil

    ReplyDelete
  9. We tell you about our website design company which is the best in the field of website design. Are you looking for a good and honest web design company, if yes then contact us,
    Website design company Giza egypt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you looking for the best iphone insurance which can give you the best deal ever on damages by accidental, stolen, or theft? Connect with us for more information.
    Online Iphone insurance

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very easy to get a website designed for your business, any digital marketing and website design company can do it, but to bring a website to the first page and a good and people-like website can only design CSS Founder Web design company Portland

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the informative and helpful post, obviously in your blog everything is good.
    Top Resorts in Lansdowne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hurry up and change your bad situation into happiness through Astropanditom via various types of puja. If you are living in Bangalore and searching for a "North Indian Pandit ji in Banglore" ji for puja, do not look further; just visit the Astropanditom website and book pandit ji for performing puja.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very amazing information, thank you so much for sharing with us. Visit Import Globals for leading Global Import Export Data provider for 100+ countries i.e. Indonesia, Russia, Brazil, Ukraine, and Botswana.
    Russia Import Data

    ReplyDelete
  15. CSS Founder is the best website designing company in Gurgaon. With their expertise and dedication, they can create a website that not only looks stunning but also meets all your specific requirements.

    ReplyDelete