Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DIY Key Fob

What is a key fob? Well it's a stylish key chain! The reason I love key fobs is because they make it so much easier to find your keys! Especially when you are digging through your purse or diaper bag. I just look for the bright colors and I've found my keys. 
  I noticed the one I made two years ago was getting really nasty, so I decided to make a new one. This one is much easier to make!

 What you will need:
Scrap Ribbon- 9 inches
D ring- found in the craft section of Wal-mart and fabric stores, they are around $1-$2 for a pack of two. 
Sewing Machine
Embroidery Machine- optional
 I decided to use this ribbon that I had left over from another sewing project. It's from Hobby Lobby. 
As you can see I embroidered mine, you don't have to do that. You can always 
try freezer paper stenciling, or sewing on a felt letter if you want.

 After I embroidered my name on the ribbon I folded it over.
 I then cut it, my ribbon was 4 1/2 inches folded over. So that's nine inches before you fold it.
 Then I simply sewed down both sides of the ribbon. 
I pulled the open end through the D ring and folded it over once.
 Then I folded it one more time and sewed it straight across using my sewing machine. It's that easy! Remember to back stitch!
 Now you have a pretty boutique key fob of your own! These are great as gifts too! 
Happy sewing!

Check out my linky friends:

6 comments: