Thursday, September 13, 2012

No Sew Curtain Ties

 I love my new curtains! 
The only problem is they are a little snug on the rod and do not want to move over to let light in. So I had to find a solution. I didn't want to screw more holes in the wall and use metal curtain holds. Weird name, but that's what they are called. I also didn't want to spend the money on the metal holds. 
So I decided to make no sew curtain ties. I used fabric left over from the fabric blind I made.
What you will need:
1/2 yard or so of fabric
hot glue
Velcro
iron/ ironing board
 
You may need to use different measurements depending on the width of your curtains. So just wrap the fabric around the curtain to get an idea of how long you will want your tie to be. I cut my strips to 7inches x 23 inches.
I used heat n bond tape instead of sewing. As you can see I placed and ironed on a piece of tape to the ends of the material. Then I removed it, folded the material over and ironed it down. (Remember to follow the directions on the heat n bond. If you iron too long it will not work as well.)
Then I folded the top over 1/2 inch or so and ironed it down (not using any tape).
I flipped the material over and ironed on a piece of tape to the top. 
The folded under piece is on the bottom now as seen below.
The I flipped the material back over and pulled the tape off and ironed the sticky side over the other end of the material.
Then I hot glued the Velcro to the ends of the tie.
All done! Now just repeat this process for the amount of ties you will need.
Sorry for the picture quality, the sun coming in through the curtains made it tricky. I might need a lesson or two on taking pictures, lol!


Check out my linky friends! :

3 comments:

  1. I love your curtains. The two tone looks so good.


    I started my very first "Weekend Warmth" Linky party...and there are no rules. Please join in!

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and we are all about hot glue and velcro! We love this idea! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We hope you'll come back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love to use the no sew curtain ties. They are too good
    Curtain

    ReplyDelete