Saturday, January 21, 2012

Valentine's Cuff

This is a fun Valentine's Day gift! My husband is really into giving gifts. He likes us to get the girls a few fun little things for V-Day and Easter. 
They love jewelry, so I figured they would love a heart cuff! 

Here is what I used:
Felt- it's 20 cents a sheet at Wal-mart ( I used four different colors.)
Thread
Velcro 

 I measured my girls wrist, they were both five inches. I decided to make the band 7 inches long, and around 2 inches wide. They ended up being almost big enough for me, so I recommend only making them an inch longer than their wrist size. 
 I cut out three heart for each cuff.  I placed the heart where I wanted it and sewed a straight line, remembering to back stitch at the beginning and end of the stitch. I then sewed a small piece of Velcro to each end. If you don't have a sewing machine try it with hot glue or felt glue. Just glue the heart and velcro on your cuff.
 There you have it, an adorable Valentines Day accessory! 
 See what I mean about it being big enough for me. 

So I didn't end up waiting till Valentines Day to give them to the girls. 
She loved it; she was just distracted by the TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment