Thursday, July 12, 2012

Room Reveal- Master Bedroom

  
I finished (mostly finished) our master bedroom. The first thing I did was change the wall color. It was a bluish gray color before. I choose a gray-Hazy Stratus by Valspar. I found this duvet cover at target, you can find it here. I was going to paint gray stripes in the hallway, but that might be too many stripes now. I might eventually do it anyway. I love gray and stripes right now!
 I also painted our side tables white. I spray painted the lamps this great teal color, I bought the spray paint at Wal-Mart. I replaced the beige lamp shades with white ones from Ross. They were only $6 each!! I love Ross, TJ Max, and Marshall's! They have been a life saver decorating our new home. 
I bought this vinyl wall decal at Ross probably 6 months ago, it was also only $6! I thought about putting it on a canvas at our last house, so we could bring it with us. I'm glad I waited to use it.


 The tutorial for this photo frame holder can be found here.

The pillow tutorial can be found here.

I love our new master bedroom! My husband and I are sort of minimalist when it comes to decorating. We like the modern clean look. So now we have a yellow and gray room, and a teal and gray room. I think I'm seeing a pattern here. I was thinking about going with coral and gray, but I thought that would be a little too girly for my husband. This was a pretty inexpensive room makeover, and I am happy with how it turned out.


Check out where I'm linking up:

The Shabby Creek Cottage, Some What Simple, A Glimpse Inside, The 36th Avenue, At The Picket Fence, Southern Lovely, Sew Much Ado, My Girlish Whims, Someday Crafts, Shabby Nest,
Johnny In A Dress, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Nap Time Crafters, Craftionary, Six Sisters Stuff,
Sumo's Sweet Stuff, I Should Be Mopping The FLoor, Sew Can Do, The Gilded Hare,
Osie Moats, Hubby Made Me

15 comments:

  1. lovely transformation! absolutely love the striped bedding! found you at the shabby cottage link party! :)

    following you now...hope you'll visit my site & follow back too if you enjoy :)

    zorrie
    www.sugarandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great JOB! this is lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I love the gray walls. I'm trying to convince Jason that we should do something like that in our room (once we get our own home). LOVE it and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. I love the pop of color in your room. Thanks for linking up at Friday Fun Party. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that beautiful color pop!! What a lovely space!! So glad you linked up with us at Mop It Up Mondays!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am in love with gray stripes too!! your room looks great and you did it on a budget too! i hope you will share at Get Your Craft On with the Gilded hare:
    http://www.thegildedhare.com/2012/07/gyco-6.html

    your new follower
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gray & Aqua= LOVE. Your room looks amazing! Love that lamp & nightstand! Would love for you to come share at my first party!

    http://osiemoats.blogspot.com/2012/07/thursday-linky-party-1.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the color pops with the gray! And I love the photo frame, super cute! VERY, VERY pretty! I have another party invite for you :) I'd love for you to share this at my Throwback Thursday link party! http://www.hubbymademe.com/sofa-shelf/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Apparently I was too tired to be writing comments! I gave you the wrong link!! Here is the correct one, I'm so sorry! And embarrassed! It's still open though if you'd link to swing by :) http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-2/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to thank you for sharing this at my Throwback Thursday party and to remind you how great it looks! I hope to see you again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete