Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY Rose Jewelry


This winter I wore my favorite pair of black rose earrings almost everyday. I love the look, and black matched everything. I was browsing Etsy looking for affordable Mother's Day gifts a few months ago. I found this shop Back2Beads. It had all the supplies I needed to make my favorite rose earrings. I bought 38 resin flowers, 6 antique bronze rings, and 24 ear studs. It ended up being around $15 with shipping. I thought it was a great deal! I made a set of earring and a matching ring for my friend that just had a baby. I made some sets for Mother's Day, and some for myself. I still have some left over, perfect for Birthday presents! 
 Here is what you need to make your own:
resin flowers
rings
ear studs 
super glue (I tried jewelry glue, and after a few weeks my earrings fell off the studs.)
 This cream pair of earrings is my favorite right now, they match everything!
 All you have to do is put some super glue on your ring or ear stud and place it in the middle of the back of the flower. I put my flowers face down to dry for a few hours. 
 I used my bobbin holder to hold my rings while the super glue dried. 
I love all of them! They would also be great Christmas Presents.
Happy Crafting!



6 comments:

  1. So very cute!! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MADE THESE!!!??!!! i didn't know!! you should have told me! i LOVE them. they are now in rotation with my other pair. So now I can have a back-up!! Thank you!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.
    mirror wall art

    ReplyDelete