Monday, April 23, 2012

Pacifier Strap Tutorial

I love these cute pacifier straps! I make them as gifts. I usually match them with a burp cloth or onsie. It's a great project to use up your scrap material. All you will need is some material, elastic (flat and skinny, you can also use ribbon), coordinating thread, and a clip. I bought my clips on eBay, I think it was $11 for 25 clips. They were a mixture of 1 inch and 1.5 inch clips. You can also buy them at Hobby Lobby. I made my own pattern for each size. 
1 inch clip- 2 1/4 inch by 7 3/4 inch
1.5 inch clip- 2 3/4 inch by 8 inches
You will need a five inch long piece of elastic.
I cut my pattern piece out of card stock and wrote the size clip on it so I wouldn't forget.
Place your pattern piece on top of your material and cut. I like to use my rotary cuter for this project.
Iron the ends of the rectangle over.
Then do the same with the sides.
Fold over and iron again.
Open up and clip the inside corners at an angle. Clip all four corners. This leaves the material flatter at the corners, and makes it easier to sew. See picture below.
Start sewing about halfway down one end of the strap. When you get to the end insert your elastic. 
Insert both ends of your elastic about 1/2 inch in between the two pieces of material.
Position the elastic in the center and stitch over the elastic to the end of the material (back stitch a few times).
Then finish stitching around the rest of the strap. Clip threads.
Pick which side of your fabric you want for the front of the strap. Place the strap through the clip and sew and back stitch over a few times. Clip threads.

Your done! An adorable passy strap! Perfect for your baby or a gift!

















mop it up mondays Keeping It Simple
”kojodesigns”
 
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Hubby Made Me”kojodesigns”

1 comment:

  1. Pacifier straps are wonderful. No more looking for the missing binky! Cute fabric colors! We loved having you join us for our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Please come back again soon. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete