Thursday, January 5, 2012

Zipper Week Day 3 : Flower clutch

Welcome to Day 3 of Zipper Week! Today the project is this cute flower clutch. It's perfect for keeping all your beauty products in one place, so they don't get lost in your purse or diaper bag. It's also great for running to the store when all you need is your phone and credit card. I found a great tutorial on how to make zipper pouches here. I used the same method to sew this bag together. 
What you will need:
Two pieces of coordinating fabric (This is a great project for scraps! My fabric is from Joann's)
1 Zipper
Coordinating Thread
Felt (any color you want)
1 Button

I used my zipper as a guide for the length of my bag.  I decided I wanted a felt flower in the middle. First I cut out a circle that was the size I wanted the flower. Then I cut out 5 slightly smaller circles. I folded them over and made a small cut with my scissors (this helps it lay down flatter, you'll see what a mean in a moment). 

 After I cut the slit I put a strip of hot glue down the middle and folded it over. I repeated this step and folded it over one more time. 
 Then I glued each piece to the circle. 
 I used a button from my button stash to the middle. I hot glued it straight to the bag. Then I sewed the bag together. Click on the link at the top to get full instructions. 
 This will make a super cute gift too! Just fill it with candy! 
 Check back with me tomorrow for Day 4 of Zipper Week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment