Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Art Party

 My daughter turned 6 a few weeks ago. I decided to go with an art theme since she wants to be an artist when she grows up. I found a tutorial on how to make this balloon banner, which I love! I choose colors that were bright and added purple because it's her favorite color, and I wanted it to look a little more girly. I found the tutorial here. I attached the banner to my walls with painters tape. I was surprised it did not fall. We kept it up for a few days too. I bought the balloons and crate paper at Dollar Tree and Target.
 I bought bird houses for the kids to paint from Joann's. They were $1 a piece. The kids really enjoyed it, and it was a great party favor. They also painted paper mask I found at Joann's.

 Sweet Birthday Girl!
 I also bought these aprons from Dollar Tree, and I just hung them on the back of the chairs. The kids also took these home with them.
 I kept the food simple and we just had cupcakes and ice cream.
I loved that there were so many different types of bird houses to choose from, I let the kids pick out their favorite one to paint. The kids also played in the back yard with bubbles, and side walk chalk. Everything else I bought for the party was also from the dollar store, so it was a pretty inexpensive party.


Check out my linky friends:

No comments:

Post a Comment