Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hi!

I'm Jen! I've wanted to start a blog for a while now. I've made tons of excuses, mostly that I can't make it as awesome as the craft blogs that I love. I'm not a great writer, and I spell horribly.  I'm here to try though! Don't be too hard on me : ) I LOVE sewing and crafting. Sewing is like therapy for me. I don't have any formal training. My Mom taught me to sew when I was young, and I picked it back up again when I became a stay at home Mom. Hardest Job Ever! When my girls are not driving me nuts, they are inspiring me to create new things. Everything I make is pretty inexpensive, we are on a tight budget. My husband has chosen a career path that requires MANY years of schooling and training. So I learned to bargain shop, and use what I have. 

Here are some tidbits about me:


I've always wanted to be a Mom, that was my career goal. I did attend college for 2 1/2 years as a marketing major. I worked the whole time I was in college too. After I was married we moved, and I decided to work full time instead of going to school. Maybe one day I will finish, but I don't think I want to go into marketing. We will see. I do plan on having at least one more child. We will see how things work out! 


Things I love

God- more on what I believe here
My Family
My Friends
Sewing
Crafting
Shopping! Almost everything I buy besides food is on clearance. Especially our clothes and shoes! 
Sweets, lots of sweets! 
Working out- it's a love hate relationship! 
Pinterest- I'm addicted! 
Surfing Craft Blogs for Fun Ideas
Nap time
Bedtime 
I love when my girls say, "I love you mama!"  : ) 
Seeing Someone use a gift I made them



Things I don't Like

Muffin tops- mine not yours
Being woken up- you would think I would be used to it after almost 5 years of motherhood, nope! 
Putting laundry away
Coconut 
Acne- you would think I would have outgrown it by now
Stretch Marks- welcome to motherhood. 
Snot


2 comments:

  1. You have a great Blog! I gave you the Versatile award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is almost scary how much we are a like! We have the same career goal to be a mommy, and we like and dislike the same things :)

    ReplyDelete