Monday, February 6, 2012

PJ Shorts From Sheets


I bought this cute sheet set at Goodwill for $5. I was planning on making the girls sleeping bags out of it, but that never happened. I decided to make them some pajama shorts for the summer. I found a pattern I already had that had both of their sizes in shorts.
I didn't want to cut the pattern because I needed a 3 and a 5. I also wanted to keep it intact so I could use it when they get bigger; the pattern goes up to a size 8. 
 So I used tissue paper to trace their patterns out. I just traced the sizes I needed and marked them with all the important instructions. I have enough material left over from the top sheet to make them a pair of pants too. Keep your mind open and you can find material in other places besides the fabric store. 

Tips:
- I used a pin to mark which pieces were the front of the shorts. 
- I used a piece of ribbon in the back as a tag so the girls know which way to put their shorts on. Also if you have two like pairs, you can use different color ribbon so they know which one is theirs. 


If you need a pattern for shorts check out Dana's blog. She has a tutorial for kid shorts, and also has a few links to other kid short patterns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment