Monday, July 23, 2012

Kitchen Reveal

 So we had almost every room in our house painted before we moved in. The kitchen was done before because I could not live with black and red paint. We also painted over the chalkboard paint that was covering the whole bar. It was a great idea, but I do not want chalk all over my house. We chose seashell gray by Valspar, most of our home is painted in this color. It's a great neutral. 
I was thinking about putting up a tile back splash, but that would cost a few hundred dollars. The back plash we went with I actually found on Pinterest. It's vinyl! It was easy to put up and it looks great! It will be much easier to remove for the next owners than tile (if they don't like it). You can find it on Pinterest here,  and purchase it at Landee On Etsy. 
You can check out Landee's blog here. 
She was great to work with, she also has other great vinyl products. The total for this back splash was less than $100, which I think is great! That is all I have done to decorate the kitchen so far. I'm thinking maybe a metal EAT sign above the cabinets would look good.


One small thing in my kitchen that I love is this soap dispenser/sponge holder. I bought it at Marshall's for $7! It's so handy, and keeps the sink looking tidy.

Check out where I'm linking up:
Sumo's Sweet Stuff, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Sew Can Do, Skip To My Lou,
Vintage Wannabe, Not Just a Housewife, Sugar Bee Crafts, Sew Much Ado, My Girlish Whims,
Southern Lovely, Someday Crafts, The 36th Avenue, The Shabby Creek Cottage, A Glimpse Inside, Hubby Made Me, House Of Hepworths, Shabby Nest, At The Picket Fence,
Johnny In A Dress, Craftionary, Six Sisters Stuff


Sumo's Sweet Stuff

4 comments:

  1. Cute & Modern! Definitely spruces up the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring this on my blog tomorrow!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Thanks so much for linking up to our Pretty Things Party! I hope you'll be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference it makes!! I love that it's vinyl and not your typical back splash. Thank you so much for sharing this at my Throwback Thursday link party! I hope to see you again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete